PURCHASED/ GIFTED/ LINKS/Last night I got going entering some of my road-themed books into Goodreads.
|No, none of these, yet.|
Then, while shooting the above photo, I remembered that I'd put some road trip books on a special Road Trip Project shelf.
Eureka! Found, and added to my "take with" pile:
|Since I'm driving, I can schlep lots of "stuff".|
• Where Chefs Eat, by Joe Warwick
I gave this to Severo, my partner in gluttony. He'll let me borrow it.
• Where the Locals Eat, by L. Lee Wilson Purchased pre-Yelp. It's ©1998.
• The Food Lover's Handbook to the Southwest, by Dave DeWitt Sensing a trend yet? I got this in 1992. I have used it extensively.
• The Creative Habit, by Twyla Tharp Thought this would be good to read again.
• Ghost World, by Daniel Clowes Wild card! I won't yet tell you why I'm taking this.
• The Way of the Traveler, by Joseph Dispenza This was on the same shelf as The Art of Pilgrimage
• The Mindful Traveler, by Jim Currie Currently reading
• The Pacific Northwest, Insight Guides I have the 1989 edition. Absurd to take it?
• Roadside America
I have two copies of this, it's so entertaining. They also have a website. And an App.
• Eat Your Way Across the U.S.A., by Jan and Michael Stern Sure, don't mind if I do!
• 500 Things to Eat Before It's Too Late, by Jan and Michael Stern
• Roadfood, by Jan and Michael Stern The classic original.
• Road Trip USA, by Jamie Jensen This will be helpful on US2, the northern perimeter. She's written many other more specific guides, like one for New England. Maybe I'll get the Kindle edition.
• U.S.A. & Canada, Travellers Survival Kit Picked this up for $1.00. Old ©1993
• Rand McNally Pocket Size Atlas
So cute. Usefulness debatable. I've got my AAA maps, my iPhone, and Siri.
Any books (or Apps) that you can recommend?
Please, not Blue Highways. I've read it and it annoyed the heck out of me. I think Least-Heat Moon writes too elaborately, not for narrative flow, but to let us all know how "learned" he is.