6.28.2014

Road Trip Recap Day 2: Eloy AZ to Van Horn TX

I-10, Western TX, digital painting, ©2014 
Day 2.
I set out at sunrise, heading southeast on I-10.
near Picacho, AZ
I didn't have a plan for breakfast. Thankfully the Tucson exit for Congress Street reminded me of the Hotel Congress, which has a great cafe, The Cup Cafe.
This plate of huevos rancheros fortified me for the day. 
When I hit New Mexico, the excessive billboards started for the souvenir emporiums.
I stopped at several, searching for postcards to mail for my crowdfunding rewards.
Instead, I found this very creepy stuffed cat.
With Texas came the very close encounter with the Mexican border.
The view of Cuidad Juarez from I-10, which I first saw in 1993, was one inspiration for the On the Edge project.
Waterlogue version here.
I managed to hit rush hour in El Paso, then hightailed it across western Texas.
My reward at the end of the day was a chile relleno burrito at Chuy's in Van Horn, TX.
Plus a large go-cup of salsa, for the road.
See more photos, here in my Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!