6.21.2014

Road Trip Recap Day 1: LA, CA to Eloy, AZ

I-8, CA digital painting  ©2014 
I left LA on March 27th.
Getting the car packed. 
First song on the iPod.
Left much later than planned.
Along the coast near Carlsbad
I had planned to meet blogger friend Connie Snow in Carlsbad. We ended up rendezvousing at the Pannikin in Encinitas. Connie treated me to some blueberry pie and chai. (More here on Connie's blog). She also gave me a bag of goodies for the road, including a badly needed bottle of water. Yes, I forgot to pack water.
I managed to hit San Diego at rush hour.
Oh joy.
The closest photo I have to the southwestern corner of The Edge route.
Was not paying attention.

The nav directions made me chuckle, the ETA not so much.
The sun set amongst some clouds, which I enjoyed.
I hit the AZ state line in the dark, with another 180 miles to go.
It was a long day.
You can see more photos from Day 1 here on my Flickr

2 comments:

  1. The navigation system made me laugh en route from New York to North Carolina, too! Ha. Route 81 alllllllll the way! Hundreds and hundreds of miles.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe this was the first long drive that I'd taken with an iPhone and functioning Nav (my first iPhone3 did not function well. Haha). (Well, the one I used here had its moments as well -- which you'll be reading about soon).
      Yeah, I-81 is another endless Interstate. I've done that drive and have the art to prove it! In fact, the header on my Patreon is a detail of "Dawn: I-81, Shenandoah County, VA" https://annembray.com/art/pastels/#!https://annembray.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Bray_Anne_M_I-81Virginia_Pastel-Paper_25.5x37.5.jpg

      Delete

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!