6.03.2016

Update: On the Edge, The Journal

I have found a great way to procrastinate on the Fashion Illustration exhibition that I'm "supposed" to be working on, due in December.

Working on my "journal" that I meant to keep during the 2014 Edge trip!
Is it still a journal if I work on it two years after the journey?
Maybe it's a memoir now.

I left you hanging in New Orleans on my last 2014 Roadtrip Recap post,
not a bad place to be, by any means.

I'm getting the pages prepped with gesso. Then I'll adhere the ephemera. Most of the maps were glued into place back in May 2014. Somehow I missed a section of Montana and Idaho (Washington is already glued in) so I'll have to make an extension page. Fun times.

I've had some good help sorting the ephemera:
What is it with cats and paper? They always plop down in the middle of it! 
Eventually, I'll get the Roadtrip Recaps rolling again, this time with the journal pages as headers. So we will all know where we are on the map. I will resume the recaps with Day 8, NOLA to Panama City, FL. Stay tuned! See it in photos over on Flickr now, if you're feeling impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!