11.03.2019

Greetings from 77002: Downtown Houston on Foot

During my five day stay in Houston, I had opportunities to escape my StARTup Art Fair room and explore the historic downtown area. [Long post with lots of photos]
But first, the view from my room:
Definitely a Maxfield Parrish dawn
I won't bore you with the tons of pictures taken of the view from my room.
If curious, go to my StARTup Houston photo dump on Flicker.
A significant amount were taken, at all hours!
My first foray was on Friday, when I was craving something sweet.
These shots were taken on Main Street.
My hotel, the Hotel Icon, is in the background on the far right. 
Saturday, I headed northeast for breakfast on San Jacinto Street.
This took me past the courthouse, an unusual parking lot sign, over the Buffalo Bayou, and into the land of bail bond establishments.
This was my breakfast view.
On Monday, I had to get some supplies at CVS. En route, I got good views of the neighboring Islamic Center, which housed the curious open air structure on its roof, seen in the first room view picture.
The impressive facade of my hotel.
It was originally a bank.
Near CVS was Market Square, a lovely park with fun decorations. In the sidewalk surrounding it, old tiles (original establishments?) were embedded in the sidewalk.
Returning to the hotel, I heard a familiar Texas sound: the cry of a grackle.
My Texas sojourn was now complete.
Linking up with
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness
Catherine's #ShareAllLinkup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!