5.08.2015

A-Z Challenge Accepted and Met

The April A-Z Challenge was a wild ride, to be sure.
The best part? Getting 26 new pieces done for my "Southwest Sojourn" show at TAG Gallery.
The worst part? Getting those 26 pieces done in a timely manner!

Mid-February, I was considering showing all older pastels for my April-May show at TAG Gallery.
Then a post by Thrift Shop Commando reminded me of the A-Z Challenge and over the course of several mornings' commutes, my concept gelled.

I feel a good sense of accomplishment over getting the new work done and creating blog posts with some of the stories behind the images. Having to work super-fast on the digital paintings kept my technique loose.

As far as the part of the A-Z Challenge where one reads and comments on as many blogs as possible, I failed utterly. For one, the list of 1516 blogs is daunting.
Second, it's all a hodge podge and very hit or miss. Better would be separate link-up sections for genres, so at least all the travel-themed blogs would be together. A "wild card" category could be included, for those that don't want to pigeonhole themselves.  All the linkups could and should still be on one page.
Third, I was way too busy with the day job, the art show, and the other A-Z posting that I was doing on my fashion blog SpyGirl. The A-Z links are all still up, however, so I will be able to explore at my leisure. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. Just now getting around to visiting the blogs in the challenge. April was a busy month for me. Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year! See you on the Road Trip!

    Mary
    www.JingleJangleJungle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing the challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!