4.30.2018

Greetings from 93106: Reunion at CCS/UCSB

 I did a day trip up to Santa Barbara to attend a celebration of the 50th year of College of Creative Studies, UC Santa Barbara.

Despite quitting early, my years at Creative Studies made a lasting impression on me and my art work.
I was hoping to connect with old friends and perhaps make some new ones!

I carpooled up with Lani Asher and Stanley Somers, both visual artists and classmates.
Lani was also my roommate when I lived in "downtown" Santa Barbara.
1_mustard_101
The mustard was in full force on the 101 after we got north of Ventura

2_super-rica_1
Lunch break at La Super-Rica, Milpas St, Santa Barbara

3_super-rica
Agua Fresca Sandia (Watermelon)

3_super-rica3
Our feast -- we all ordered Rajas

4_ucsb
UCSB -- even after 40 years, sunbathers on the lawn and wetsuits drying in the trees[/caption]

5_surfboards
Board parking

6_stanley_lani Stanley and Lani and caution signs

7_danger
More danger advisement

9_islands
A Channel Island on the horizon

11_looking-west
At the top of Campus Point, looking towards Isla Vista and Devereux Beach

10_lagoon
The Lagoon

10_lagoon2
Another angle on the Lagoon

12_ccs
OK, 5pm, time to reunion

13_peter-robin-stanley-lani Peter Nye, Robyn Raymer, Stanley, Lani

14_hank Hank Pitcher, Class of 1971 and current Head of the Art Department, "Here I am, and that's..."

ccs_74-75 I'm in this photo, front row, barefoot.

I'm so glad that I went! I had a great time!
To read more, from a fashion angle, click here.

Linking up with Shelbee's On the Edge
and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!