6.18.2015

Road Gear Sketch: iPhone

Page 2 of my Road Gear Sketchbook (edited copy of post from my Sketch blog):

I wonder why I didn't put this first in the sketchbook. I relied heavily on my iPhone. 


For navigating especially:

Ha! "327 miles" 

This was my first long trip using the Maps App. The directions cracked me up when I saw them. 
Not so funny was my ETA that night. 
The phone did have moments of nav fail. After a particularly frustrating episode in Eagle Pass, Texas (lack of bandwidth while looking for motel), I started writing out any route directions:



Then there was the sad moment of breakage, in Cut Bank, MT:



Next rest stop for the Sketchbook Road Tour, lifted from The Sketchbook Project's Facebook page:

Our Mobile Library will be popping up at South Austin Social on June 19th -21st.
Events are always free and open to the public! We hope to see you there!

Friday, June 19th 4:00-8:00pm (Opening party hosted by Citygram Mag!)
Saturday, June 20th 12:00pm-4:00pm
Sunday, June 21st 12:00pm - 4:00pm

South Austin Social
409 Jessie St

Austin, TX 78704

FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY:

COME ENJOY SOME FREE BEER FROM ST. ARNOLD'S BREWERY, LIVE MUSIC, AND DELICIOUS EATS AS YOU PERUSE THE SKETCHBOOK PROJECT’S MOBILE LIBRARY.

WHILE YOU’RE THERE, CREATE A PAGE IN CITYGRAM’S COMMUNITY SKETCHBOOK, WHICH WILL HIT THE ROAD WITH THE TOUR THIS YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderating comments because otherwise I'll miss them!